Sanctuary Organ

Our Sanctuary Organ

Sanctuary Organ

The organ of the First United Methodist Church first came to life in 1948. It was built by the M.P. Möller Organ Company of Hagerstown, Maryland as their opus 7520. The instrument featured three manuals and pedal. In 2000, the organ was rebuilt by the Hagerstown Organ Company (a short-lived successor to the Möller firm). The organ features twenty-two ranks over three manuals and pedal.

 

Our organ is regularly used in church for leading hymns, accompanying the choir, and presenting original organ music for the 10:50 worship service. The instrument is also occasionally featured in recitals and other performances with choirs and ensembles from the around the region.

 

Guest organists are encouraged to visit the church and try out the organ. Please contact Dr. Kipp Cortez, Director of Music and Organist, at kcortez@concord.edu, to set up a visit.

Seclect any image to see larger view

Stoplist

 

Great:
8’ Principal
8’ Flute Ouverte
4’ Octave
4’ Nachthorn
2’ Blockflute
Mixture III-IV
Tremulant

 

Swell (enclosed):
16’ Gedeckt
8’ Geigen Diapason
8’ Gedeckt (from 16’)
8’ Viola
8’ Viola Celeste
4’ Geigen Diapason (from 8’)
4’ Flute (from Gedeckt)
2 2/3 Nazard (from Gedeckt)
2’ Piccolo (from Gedeckt)
8’ Trumpet
Tremulant
Sub and super couplers

 

Choir (enclosed):
8’ Harmonic Flute
8’ Dulciana
8’ Unda Maris
4’ Flute (from Harmonic Flute)
4’ Dulcet (from Dulciana)
8’ Rohr Schalmei
Tremulant
Sub and super couplers

 

Pedal:
16’ Diapason
16’ Gedeckt (from swell)
16’ Bourdon
8’ Gedeckt (from swell)
8’ Bourdon (from 16’)

SW to GT 16, 8, 4
CH to GT 16, 8, 4
SW to CH 16, 8, 4

Comments are closed.